See columns below for each day's information!
1. Use the specified resource list on Destiny to find an interesting book for this project.
2. Write down the call number.
3. Locate the book and use the skills we discussed to decide if it looks like a book for you.
4. Use TitlePeek in Destiny to find a book review to back up your decision.
5. Close read the book review. Highlight 2 sentences that persuade you to read the book. If you can't find 2 sentences, choose a new book.
6. Check the book out.
7. Create a project in NoodleTools and make a citation for the book.
8. Start reading!
1. Using the library databases, or the author's website, find 2 articles with biographical information about your author.
2. Close read the articles and compile your notes.
Think about these questions as you read and take notes:
How did the author's life experiences influence his/her purpose for writing - this book or in general?
Is the author's perspective influenced by events in his/her life?
Does the author use personal experience to get his/her point across in the text?
Do events in the author's life contribute to bias or propaganda in the work?
Is character development and outcome influenced by events in the author's own life?
Some things to take note of about your author when researching: (My advice to you): Use these as headings, start with researching these, then work your way back up to the questions in red.
Easy way to "quick cite" using ISBN number on Noodle Tools:
1. Decide what theme or subject of your book you would like to focus on for this project. Make sure this theme reflects a general attitude or specific situation. For example, do not just choose "love" or "power", but rather think about making your theme into a sentence such as: "Governments can wield their power in unjust ways in order to control people."
2. Once you have that theme, make a list of some keywords that you can use to create a search for a current news article using the library databases below.
3. Find current news articles about your theme in the library database. Take notes on it and submit it to your teacher by the due date.