1. Use the list below and on Destiny to find some books that interest you.
2. Add those books to your personal list.
3. Narrow down your choices and go find the book in the library
4. Find a book review using TitlePeek (link is underneath the cover picture in Destiny)
-If there are no book reviews under TitlePeek, use the database called Novelist to find a review.
5. Close read the book review and highlight 2 parts that interest you. Save this document and put it in your English Google folder.
6. Check out your book and start reading!
1. Using the library databases, or the author's website, find 2 articles with biographical information about your author.
2. Save each article as a PDF
3. Create citations in your NoodleTools project for both articles.
4. Close read the article and take notes using the image underneath.
Think about these questions as you read and take notes:
How did the author's life experiences influence his/her purpose for writing - this book or in general?
Is the author's perspective influenced by events in his/her life?
Does the author use personal experience to get his/her point across in the text?
Do events in the author's life contribute to bias or propaganda in the work?
Is character development and outcome influenced by events in the author's own life?
1. Decide what theme or subject of your book you would like to focus on for this project.
2. Find 2 current news articles that relate to that theme/subject.
Current means between 2016-2020
Limit to full text articles
Searching for a phrase? Use quotation marks! Ex. "Domestic Abuse"
Use more than one keyword for better results! Ex. "Domestic Abuse" and "Domestic Violence"
How to Cite on NoodleTools
|1. Create new citation||1. Create new citation|
|2. Choose Viewed/Heard Live||2. Choose File, App, E-Book|
|3. Choose Film or Video Recording OR Television Program||3. Choose Sound Recording (CD, Record, etc.)|
|4. Fill in form!||4. Fill in form!|